Wednesday, May 12, 2010

FINAL BLOG... oketay...

I am both a creating mind and an ethical mind. I'm a creating mind because I decided to stray from my big question at the end because I didn't want to talk about the importance of traveling abroad, I wanted to talk about my trip to Africa, how it changed me, and the dire situation of the elephants. I'm an ethical mind because I care about the world and the animals that live on the earth. I discussed the flash flood that destroyed the camp and research center and the drought that killed about 100-200 elephants and orphaned their babies.

I exhibited curiosity in my blog because even though I knew a lot about the elephants and Indianapolis Prize, I wanted to research and learn more about the problems of the elephants and the need for conservation.
I experimented with new ideas by posting a Swahili Word of the day even though some people were annoyed by the words each day they told me today.
I exhibited respect for other's view points because even though I don't agree with the viewpoint I will take the point into consideration. I think that learning new words and noticing patterns in the dialogue is important to learn about culture.

I learned that I am pretty independent and that I do not like to follow directions very much which is a bit of a problem in school. I was told to connect my Africa trip to the importance of traveling abroad; however, I found writing about traveling abroad to much less interesting than the things that Iain and Oria do and the need for conservation and care for the earth. I also decided that I like blogging and that my opinion has changed from hostile to accepted and maybe even liked. =D
Anyway... finally... for the last time...
Veni... Viddi...Vicci
Hakuna Matata=D

No comments:

Post a Comment